A virtual program for STEM graduate students & early-stage STEM professionals to share their work & career with young researchers. Plus, earn a little extra money on the side!
Skyrocket your communication & leadership.
Inspire the next-generation of students.
FACT: Your communication and leadership abilities are more important for a career in academia or industry than your technical skillsets.
FACT: Despite it's importance, many graduate programs fail to provide real-world opportunities for graduate students to speak with non-scientists.
HELIX Connex you to classrooms to share your STEM career with eager elementary, middle, and high school students
Upskill your teaching, communication, and engagement skills
Increase your confidence in public speaking
Practice explaining and demonstrating complex ideas
Gratification to see others learning and appreciating your work
Dr. Josiah Evans, PhD
Cell & Gene Therapy Scientist
"If you can handle the kids, CEOs are no problem" (laughs). But seriously, it's easy, it's fun, it's fulfilling, and you learn how to capture engagement."
Apply in just 10 minutes
• Current STEM graduate student (Masters or PhD) or early career STEM professional
• Work related in some way to genetic technologies (loosely & broadly defined)
• Live in USA and fluent in English
Review and approval process
1. Fill out and submit the HELIX Connex Application (10-20 minutes)
2. Our team will review your application and respond within 7 days
3. Schedule a 20 min interview
4. Upon acceptance, complete a virtual student engagement training